Healthy, active lifestyles call for nutrient-packed breakfasts, and that’s just with you’ll get with this invigorating spin on morning oatmeal. I have been eating some variation of oatmeal almost every day for breakfast for as long as I can remember, and this recipe has been my go-to ever since I discovered the nutritional powerhouse that is moringa! Try this out if you have a challenging day ahead and need a power-up in the morning. Sometimes I’ll even make a bowl for myself later on in the day if I’m planning on working out later. Be prepared to crush your day with the 1-2 double superfood punch of Moringa and Goji Berries!
1/2 cup Whole Grain Oats
1/4 cup Grape Nuts
1/4 cup Organic Goji Berries
1-2 tbsp Kuli Kuli Moringa Powder
1 heaping spoonful of Almond Butter
Your favorite non-daily Milk (optional)
1. Add the Oats and Grape Nuts to a bowl. The oats will act as your carb-heavy base, and the grape nuts provide loads of fiber as well as a satisfying crunch.
2. Add Goji Berries on top for a bit of sweetness, Vitamin C, and Potassium. Look for organic goji berries without any preservatives – you can find them in many health food stores or online for a reasonable price. I’ve been hooked on them ever since I met my Chinese wife who swears by them. They are one on the most commonly used ingredients in Chinese traditional medicine, and are also eaten as a common snack in China.
3. Sprinkle in your Moringa for top-quality nutrition and that familiar earthy-green color!
4. Heap on the almond butter for a wonderful nutty flavor that will keep everything stuck together!
5. Add hot water until you’ve reached a consistency you are happy with. You can also add in some non-dairy milk for a sweeter flavor. My favorites are almond, 7-grain, and hemp milk!
You can find many more yummy moringa recipes on our blog!
With this breakfast you’ll be ready to take on whatever life throws at you! Feel free to cut back on the ingredients you think it’s too much! If you have an active lifestyle it’s the perfect, powerful start to your day. Hope you enjoy!
About the Author:
Dave Keirstead graduated from the University of East Anglia in Norwich, England with a Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences. He began working for Kuli Kuli as a blogger last summer and took over as blog editor in December. As a fitness and sustainability enthusiast, he is always excited to learn more about healthy, nutritional foods which can have a positive impact on both human health and our planet. His journey into eating superfoods began after reading vegan ultra-marathoner Scott Jurek’s book, ‘Eat and Run’. For more articles by Dave, click here!