There are a multitude of superfoods that combine to form the delicious taste and texture of a Kuli Kuli Bar. What is a superfood, you ask? Superfoods are specific types of food that are dense in nutrients and low in calories. They provide the most healthy bang for your nutritional buck, so to speak. By snacking on superfoods, we can have more energy, improve the appearance of our skin and hair, and can even avoid or help to lessen our susceptibility to certain illnesses and diseases.
Good news! You might not realize it upon first glance, but when you eat a Kuli Kuli bar, you are nourishing your body with a wealth of vitamins and minerals from an array of superfoods. Sneak a peek at the nutrition labels on any of our three bars and you will find:
1. Almonds: These little nuts help to keep you energized all day long with 6 grams of protein per ounce. A good source of magnesium, a key mineral that 80% of Americans are deficient in, eating almonds can help to absorb calcium and activate muscles.
2. Dates: High in iron and fiber, dates have anti-inflammatory properties and aid with digestion. Studies show that the high mineral content in dates can prevent and treat a multitude of illnesses including skin and cardiovascular disorders while also warding off viruses.
3. Cherries: Athletes should celebrate because cherries can be substituted for anti-inflammatory drugs in helping to reverse oxidative stress, leading to a faster recovery. Cherries also benefit the non-athlete by boosting the immune system with high concentrations of antioxidants. These antioxidants, called anthocyanins, not only give cherries their red hue, but also prevent heart disease and work to keep the brain alert.
4. Dark Chocolate: Yes, it’s true, even chocolate is a superfood! Just make sure that you eat varieties with a 70%+ cacao content in order to avoid unhealthy sugars and fats. When you eat a small amount of dark chocolate, the high concentration of flavonoids works to protect your inflammatory system while also reducing the occurrence of blood clots by breaking up blood platelets. Dark chocolate has also been shown to release serotonin in the brain, providing yet another reason to peel back the wrapper of your favorite bar!
And last but not least…
5. Moringa: This tiny tree has the potential to massively impact the global food system. Containing all eight amino acids, high levels of iron, and 7x the amount of vitamin C found in a single orange, moringa has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, a
nd even anti-aging properties. Not yet appreciated by a wide population, moringa is arguably the most nutrient dense plant on the planet.
Next time you need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or a post-run snack, you are sure to find exactly what you need in a Kuli Kuli Bar, which combines all five of these powerful foods to nourish your body from head to toe. Happy snacking!